So I received a personalized acrylic pour vase order for two vases with the same colors (different shades of blue and white, to try and make it look like the tide.). She also wanted a matching charm theme of sea shells.
The customer also wanted a sea glass look on any parts of the vase that show after the pour.
So here is the first vase, which is finished and sealed, these pictures do not show the charms:
Click to enlarge image
I was live during the pour, which I had a great time making. Here is the live video:
I also added a ceramic tile to the area under the vase. I do this as a "just for fun" addition because there is a lot of paint "waste", which I don't like to just waste. So I will put something (Tile, Canvas, Canvas Board, Cup) under to catch the paint. In this case, I used a tile, and it "caught" the paint, I moved it around to cover the tile. After it dried, I decided to experiment with other mediums and added a layer of Water affects. It is a solution that is usually used in models to make water. I added it to the top of the acrylic pour and then sprinkled glitter, so it would give off the 3D effect. It worked perfectly. (Hard to see in images though).
As a precaution, I then used an acrylic sealant over the water affect to ensure it was protected and then I let it fully dry.
This is what it looked like right after sealing it:
Here is where it gets interesting and is considered a "surprise", A chemical reaction took place after I sealed it. Over the next few days, the colors changed. And new colors showed up that I didn't use at all.... like purples, and pinks.
So here is how it looks now:
I am sure the chemical reaction occurred between the acrylic sealant, and the water effect, but affected the actual paint. I love the result though.
Here is the before and after images to help you see the differences better:
(Right: Before; Left: After)
That is for the first vase. Today I got the paint on the second vase, and am hoping to seal and charm it before I have to deliver it.
Here is how the second vase came out:
So this is still drying and isn't cleaned up or sealed yet, which is why the bottom has paint and why it is upside down. Once this is dry, I can clean off the paint that is on areas it shouldn't be...like the bottom. I will also take better pictures of the vase. This is the best I could do, given it is still a wet vase on the drying rack.
Like usual, I was also live during the pour which was funny because you got to walk around a dark house with me. I didn't have a lot of lights on, so when I went to get the tile from the first order, it was dark in the other rooms.
Here is the live video:
Like the first vase, I decided to do another tile for fun. So I placed a ceramic tile at the bottom, and let it "catch" the dripping paint, Here is how the wet version looks:
So the vase and tile will most likely look different tomorrow, since the hidden colors may "break" through while it dries, sometimes it keeps shifting till it dries through and settles. So tomorrow, I will share better images of these two. I am going to do the water affects again because I am curious what will happen with this one.
I hope you enjoyed this post and these vases!
Let me know what you think in the comments.
Thank you for reading,