If you remember, I did a watercolor Koi. I had mentioned in the post that I wanted to try painting the koi in acrylic. Well...here it is!
This painting took me 4 1/2 hours to complete. I painted every scale individually. I really wanted to make the scales look like they overlapped each other and were 3D-ish.
I am sad that I accidentally ripped part of the painting when I was peeling off the tape. I managed to "fix" it but it definitely changes the look of the painting, making it unique.
Here is the progression video:
This painting was done on 9x12 watercolor paper and is in a plastic cover.
It is available in the eStore!